Thursday, September 10, 2009

My best friend!

I met my best friend over 12 years ago. I don't remember the actual year, but we were both in college at the time. She was as she is today, a fabulously funny confident woman. Full of wit and full of love and an amazingly sincere, thoughtful lady. Through the years we have gone through so much together. We even ended up being a couple for a while!

Yes, I'm gay and she is straight, but there was a time when I was in denial and we became fast friends, which grew to a deep sense of caring and eventually love. Yes, a gay man and a straight woman can fall in love. It is a different kind of love. For a while it masked itself in a pseudo hetrosexual relationship, but eventually we evolved to what it is today, the love of a true friend and soul mate, and a kind of love that I will always be able to count on.

As I already mentioned, she is a thoughtful amazing lady. I am constantly astounded by the fact that she always remembers to call at the right time and a card always arrives for Christmas and birthdays on time. She has a special gift for making people feel loved and cared for.

My life is truly better with her in it and I'm so grateful for such a lovely person to call a friend. Thank you Joanne for always being there and always taking the time for me. Now that I'm married you treat Szejn the same way. Your card of course arrived today, perfectly timed for Szejn's birthday, making him feel special and loved. For that and so much more, I love you.

Okay, time to close this off. I feel like I'm writing a request to one of those crapy late night radio shows. Well no Delilah for me! Joanne, you know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment