Saturday, August 8, 2009

Clutter be gone!

It is early Saturday morning. The sun is shining. I’m sitting in my office enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day. My fantastic dogs are at my feet and in a little while my husband will wake. We are going to spend the morning clearing our home of clutter.
Szejn has been talking about this activity for a while now. He is convinced that having too much stuff around you ways down the mind. At first I didn’t agree, but I’m slowly converting to his way of thinking. The more that I’ve thought about the idea, the more I realize that clutter around you does affect you.
It is as if all those things, silently lurking in the peripheral of your being does some how cause your mind to have to process more. It is therefore less available to focus, to relax and just be calm. What a better reason for the removal of clutter than just the need for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment